Requests from the CWC Prayer Center

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Requests

Good Afternoon:

We have some requests for prayer:

  • Roy Kerns’ sister, June Wright, passed away and her funeral will be Friday at 2:00 p.m. at the Church of Christ.  Please pray for comfort for this family.
  • I'm going to try something new this year and ask for prayer as I present my next unit to my Personal and Family Development classes. These classes are freshmen classes. I have three classes with 46 students in them. They are 2nd, 4th, and 5th hours.

    I will be presenting a unit over Relationships. During this unit I stress, as best I can, for the students to remain abstinent until marriage, that sex does not equal love and vice versa, warning signs for abusive relationships, and the qualities (fruits of the spirit) to look for in a future mate. I pull in a variety of activities to get my point across. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't.

    These classes have many sweet kiddos in them. This is the first time in a long time that the majority of my freshmen are Christians. I want to encourage their Christian walk and hopefully ease any peer pressure they may be feeling.

    I will be covering this unit from now until the first week in October.

    Thank you!!

    Stacey Tanner

 

I will sing of the Lord’s great love forever,

   with my mouth I will make your

      faithfulness known through all generations.

I will declare that your love stands firm forever,

     that you established your faithfulness in heaven itself.

Psalm 89:1-2

Blog Archive